This evening, Monday, February 13, starting at 7:00 p.m., the Planning Commission will hold a meeting. Highlights include:
The Planning Commission will hold two public hearings. A public hearing is a portion of a meeting at which all people interested in a matter can express their support for or opposition to the application. Public hearings are formal public comment sessions required by state law for certain matters. Following the public hearing, the Planning Commission will take-up these proposals. Public meetings will be held for the following:
- Outpost Foods, at 7590 West Mequon Road, requests approval for deliveries on Saturday from 7:00 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. Currently, it is only allowed to have deliveries from 7:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon. It wants a two hour extension. Additionally, it requests approval to be allowed one delivery on Sunday, by a box truck or van it owns, sometime between 10:00 a.m. and 2:00 p.m.
- Riteway Bus, LLC, the bus company that transports the school district’s children, seeks a conditional use grant to operate at 6926 West Donges Bay Road. The company’s prior site is being sold to be incorporated in a project involving the old brewery building on Mequon Road.
Other Approvals Sought:
- A 5,000 square foot crossfit health club at 10520 North Baehr Road.
- A non-conforming addition at 10062 North Wauwatosa Road.
- The reconfiguration of two lots at 12447 and 12543 North Farmdale Road.
- A new sign for the Dairy Queen in the Pavilion.
More information regarding the Planning Commission meeting and these items can be found by clicking here.
On Tuesday, February 14, starting at 7:30 p.m., the Common Council will hold its February monthly meeting. Highlights include:
- Amendments to certain deadlines and other technical provisions of the contract to sell the property located at 6200 and 6300 West Mequon Road and 11300 and 11350 North Buntrock Avenue (wrapping around the Public Safety Building). The project is known as Mequon Town Center II or the Shaffer Project.
- The development agreement for Mequon Town Center II
- A request by We Energies for a waiver for certain amounts payable in connection with specimen trees being removed in connection with the pipeline being installed along Donges Bay Road and Swan Road.
- A contract to create a new website for the City.
- A new contract with the police union.
- Allocation of certain road construction dollars.
More information regarding the common council meeting can be found by clicking here.
I currently serve on the City’s Finance-Personnel Committee and its Public Welfare Committee. I also am an alternate aldermanic representative to the Economic Development Board. All Common Council members serve on the Appropriates Committee, the Sewer Utility District Commission and the Water Utility Commission.
Public Welfare Committee (Tuesday, February 14, at 5:00 p.m.). Click here to learn more. The Public Welfare Committee will continue to review City committees. The Committee is trying to ensure that we have consistent ordinances for the organization and operation of committees, and is looking at whether some committees have outlived their usefulness.
Finance–Personnel Committee (Tuesday, February 14, at 6:45 p.m.). Click here to learn more. The Finance-Personnel Committee will consider all of the above-described Common Council items except #3.
Public Works Committee (Tuesday, February 14, at 7:00 p.m.). Click here to learn more. The Public Works Committee will consider item #3 described above under Common Council.
Architectural Board (Monday, February 13, at 6:30 p.m.). Click here to learn more. The Architectural Board will consider seven new homes and six additions or other residential construction projects Three of these items are being resubmitted because they were not previously approved. Applicants are in aldermanic districts 3 through 8.
Park Board (Wednesday, February 15, at 6:30 p.m.). Click here to learn more. In addition to reports about what is happening in the City’s parks, the Park Board will consider a donation from TMYBA for an outfield fence for a baseball diamond at River Barn Park. TMYBA would sell advertising banners for such fence.
Milwaukee River Advisory Committee (Thursday, February 16, at 6:00 p.m.). Click here to learn more. The Board will discuss:
- Reviving the spring or fall river clean-up.
- Attending the next Public Safety Committee meeting.
Of course, please provide comments to me or to any elected official.